Download for Windows
- Download the VPN client installer from https://www.shrew.net/download/vpn
- Install the standard (free) edition
- Run the VPN Access Manager and import (File->Import) the linked file.
- On the modify button, go to the Authentication tab and then go to the Local Identity sub-tab and change the UFQDN String from firstname.lastname@example.org to your actual e-mail address in CS (technically anything that ends with @cs.huji.ac.il would do but it's best to use your e-mail address). click the save button.
to create a VPN session :
- Run the VPN Access Manager and double click on the connection you've created/imported.
- Under credentials enter <user>@vpn.cs.huji.ac.il for Username and an OTP code for Password and press Connect.
- To disconnect press the "Disconnect" button.
Download for Linux
Download for Mac
First, get in the terminal - press cmd+space (to get to the search) and type Terminal, then press the enter key to get in.
next, write the following command (with administrator user) :
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
and press the enter key. wait for the command to finish, and then an installation pop-up will show up, press on "install".
then type in: brew install Caskroom/cask/tuntap
and press the enter key. wait for the command to finish, then type: brew install shrewsoft-vpn-client
and press the enter key again. when the command is finished you can use shrewsoft-vpn-client (see instructions above).
note: the instructions refer to bash. meaning: you need to run the command line from bash.