How to access CS home directories from an iMac
Revision as of 16:48, 31 December 2017 by Naama2486
This page will guide you how to configure and access the CS user home directories from an iMac that boots locally.
Accessing CS directories through samba
- On the iMac desktop press Command-K (⌘+K)
- In the Server Address field write the following (replace the string yourCSusername with your actual user name on CS):
It should look something like this:
- Hit the "+" sign - this will save the address for future uses
- Press Connect. The following warning message will appear: "You are attempting to connect to the server "newsamba" " - That's normal behaviour. Press Connect again
- In the window that follows, make sure you are marked "Connect As: Registered User", and fill in your CS password in the Password field. Then press Connect.
- It will load and then open a finder window with your CS home folder.
Creating a shortcut on your desktop
- Once you've loaded your CS home folder on iMac, Right-click on a desired folder and click Make Alias
- iMac will create a shortcut that you can drag to your desktop
You are welcome to browse more relevant mac pages on our Wiki: