Difference between revisions of "Samba Windows 1709"
(Created page with "=='''Windows, version 1709 and Samba support'''== Windows 10 version 1709 does not have SMB1 support enabled by default. It prevents laptop users to access our Samba network...")
Latest revision as of 17:19, 28 May 2018
Windows, version 1709 and Samba support
Windows 10 version 1709 does not have SMB1 support enabled by default. It prevents laptop users to access our Samba network shares(newsamba.cs.huji.ac.il).
If you cannot access \\newsamba.cs.huji.ac.il or \\samba.cs.huji.ac.il from a laptop and your Windows version is 1709, please do the following:
- In the Windows search window start typing "features".
- Choose "Turn Windows features on or off"
- In the list of features find "SMB 1.0/CIFS FIle Sharing Support".
- Expand it and enable everything under it.
It will require reboot.
- To find out your Windows version, type winver in the search window.